Without someone to advocate and prepare the right family, children will continue to languish in institutions without hope. This vulnerable population is at even greater risk in the current climate due to factors such as special needs and overcrowded orphanages.
International Adoption Continues to Decline
- International adoptions have declined by 87% since 2004.
- Over 90% of children waiting to be adopted have special needs.
- 10,000 children are currently eligible for adoption and waiting to be matched with an adoptive family.
The Intervening For Children Initiative was born out of a calling to place more waiting children in prepared, loving families. At AGCI, we have the privilege of advocating for so many children who come from very different backgrounds. When we receive information about a child waiting for a family, we think critically about the best ways to share their specific story. Sometimes that’s an email, social media, or conversations with potential families. Every child is unique and so is every advocacy plan.
Healing Children and Families
By creating an adoption network with reputable placing agencies and growing our adoption grant fund, we will ensure that older children, sibling groups, and children living with special needs are placed with strong, prepared families, as soon as possible!
- Place more waiting kids into loving families.
- Equip adoptive families with the tools they need to parent a child impacted by trauma.
- Improve the intercountry adoption process on a global scale.
- Help more families adopt waiting children.
- Increase the number of waiting children AGCI places in adoptive families by 40%.
- 500 adoptive families are educated and have the resources they need to parent and support children impacted by trauma.
- Partner with 10 reputable placing agencies to positively impact the adoption process around the world.
- Provide critical adoption grants so that finances never prevent children from uniting with their forever families.