How Sponsoring A Child Works
We are committed to following God’s call to provide the essential resources and support that children need to thrive. Our sponsorship program matches passionate advocates like you with a child at risk of separating from their family due to poverty, illness, or other social factors.
WHAT SPONSORSHIP PROVIDES
When you sponsor a child with AGCI, you provide holistic support so your sponsored child can remain within the loving care of their family and break the devastating cycle of poverty. Thanks to your support, your sponsored child and their family receive:
- School tuition and materials to help your sponsored child thrive
- A savings account to empower their family to meet unexpected needs
- Family strengthening workshops to improve your sponsored child’s connection to the most important people in their life.
- Long-term care and support through our local team
A portion of your sponsorship also helps to intervene for hundreds of other children through AGCI’s Child Advocacy Model that enables our local team to improve child welfare policies, strengthen impoverished families, provide life-changing training to elevate care in institutions, and mentors children transitioning out of the child welfare system so they can reach their full potential.
WE HAVE CHILD SPONSORSHIP PROGRAMS IN
AS A SPONSOR YOU’LL RECEIVE
- The ability to send notes of encouragement to your sponsored child.
- Special updates and photos of your sponsored child.
- A special video greeting from your sponsored child each year.
- The option to send a Christmas gift or greeting to your sponsored child through our sponsorship store.
- The joy of knowing you are changing a child’s life forever!
85% GOES DIRECTLY TO PROGRAMS
In 2021, 85% of all sponsorship funds went directly to programs that benefit children, families, and communities in need.
HOW WE KNOW SPONSORSHIP WORKS
A recently conducted survey of families in AGCI’s Ethiopia sponsorship program found that…
- 82% of AGCI students graduate secondary school versus 29% nationally.
- Children in our program are 3 times more likely to complete high school than their unsponsored peers.
- 77% of sponsored children live in female headed households, who on average make 86% less than male headed households.
- 86% of families would be in jeopardy of separating without sponsorship.
- 79% of AGCI sponsorship families reported being better equipped to respond to unexpected financial emergencies after joining the program.