Tom’s Emergency Medical Fund
Our Goal $42,000
For years, Tom has graciously served hundreds of orphans in Ethiopia. Tom was a guard and “special father” at our Hannah’s Hope home in Addis Ababa. His joy, love, gentleness, and humility are evident to everyone he meets. Tom has tirelessly sat by the side of sick children, watched over little ones and protected every person who passed through the gates of Hannah’s Hope. To know Tom is to love him.
Currently, Tom (29 years old) is fighting for his life. When Tom was a boy, he contracted a parasite from unclean water. Unfortunately, his condition was repeatedly misdiagnosed, and progressed to the point of being life-threatening. In 2014, Tom traveled to Thailand for surgery to correct the problem; however, his health has deteriorated rapidly since then and another operation is needed. Sadly, this cannot be performed safely in Ethiopia so he must travel again to Thailand for emergency care.
The surgeon estimates that the operation cost along with travel costs, accommodations, testing, medicine, and recovery/follow-up appointments will be an estimated $42,000. While at first glance this may seem unreachable, God loves doing the impossible and we know He can provide.
How can you help?
– for peace and comfort for Tom as he walks through this valley once again
– that the Lord will sustain Tom’s health so he can travel to Thailand for this life-saving surgery
– that the monetary goal would be reached
– that every detail will fall into place
– share the need with everyone you know via FaceBook, Twitter, email, blogs, etc.
– Tom has impacted many adoptive families by selflessly caring for their children. In the USA, we are blessed to have the resources and medical care that we need. Will you consider sharing your blessings so that this dear man’s life can be saved?
“When saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer unto them, Verily I say unto you, In as much as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:39-40