Supporting All God’s Children International Through Your Estate
Legacy or Planned gifts through your estate create opportunities for All God’s Children International to help orphans for years to come. You can make a real and lasting change for children.
Leave a legacy. If you would like to play an integral part in our mission of creating opportunities for orphans to have a forever family and communities to thrive, please review the following ways to make a meaningful charitable gift through your estate.
Make a Bequest Gift
A bequest through your Will or Trust is one of the simplest, most widely used and flexible ways to make a planned gift. You pay nothing now but make a real difference in the lives of others.
If you have already made provisions for All God’s Children International in your estate plans,
download our Estate Giving Confirmation form [link to come]. We would appreciate the opportunity to thank you now for the difference your gift will make for years to come.
Types of Bequests
• General-Fixed Dollar Bequest: An agreed upon dollar amount is stated in will.
• Specific: A specific property or security, including real estate, stocks or bonds.
• Residual: All or portion of the estate’s property after specific bequests, debts, expenses and taxes have been paid.
• Contingent: All God’s Children International serves as an alternate beneficiary in case the primary beneficiary dies or disclaims the bequest.
The following language can be used to make an estate gift to All God’s Children International:
• Unrestricted Gift: “I give (a specific asset) or ($__ dollars) or (__ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) to All God’s Children International, Portland, Oregon, for its general purposes.”
• Specific Use Gift: “I give (a specific asset) or ($__ dollars) or (__ percent of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate) to All God’s Children International, Portland, Oregon, to be used for the following purpose: (state the purpose, e.g., to establish an orphan care fund in a specific country, to support the adoption of children with special needs, or to support any other specific All God’s Children International activity or program).”
Please note: All God’s Children International’s activities and programs change over time and the needs of future generations may not be in alignment with current programs. If you indicate a specific use for your estate gift, the following language will grant All God’s Children International the authority to respond to changing needs:
“If at any time in the judgment of the All God’s Children International’s Board, it is impossible or impracticable to carry out exactly the designated purpose, the All God’s Children International Board shall determine an alternative purpose as near as possible to the designated purpose.”
Important Information for Your Attorney/Advisor
Legal Name: All God’s Children International
Tax ID# 93-1052909
An Oregon non-profit corporation
Physical Address: 1730 SW Skyline Blvd, Ste 126, Portland, OR 97221
Mailing Address: 1400 NE 136th Street, Ste 201, Vancouver, WA 98684
The purpose of this information is for general knowledge and is not meant to be legal advice. Tax deductions vary based on applicable federal laws. It is recommended that you consult your attorney when preparing your bequest/will.
- You can designate All God’s Children International as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy. Contact your adviser to make arrangements.
Retirement Plans/IRA Gifts
- Whether you have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) or a company retirement plan (or a combination) you can choose a charity like All God’s Children International as the final beneficiary of any remaining funds which you or your loved ones do not use. Or you can designate all (or a percentage) of your retirement fund account to benefit All God’s Children International without losing any income during your lifetime.
Advantages for Donors
- The donor retains all income rights and benefits of the fund assets for his/her lifetime—nothing is transferred prior to the donor’s death. The property passes on to your designated beneficiaries upon death.
- Gifts bypass income tax that would otherwise be assessed to heirs at death.
- Possible estate tax savings.Contact your fund administrator for more information and to request a change of beneficiary form.
- Do you have questions or want to discuss other ways you can give? Please give us a call!
We would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your advisors, and help you decide on the type of gift that works best for you, your family and All God’s Children International.
Contact Felicia Christensen, Vice President of Administration and Finance, at 800-214-6719.